Out of this world challenge 2014

So, it might be kind of risky to start a second challenge. But I really searhed for something similar and failed to find one. So here comes....

*Pretty image, free for personal and non-profit use, from freevectors.com :)

Out of this world challenge


I love georgaphy-based challenges. You know, the ones that make you feel like you are visiting all those wonderful places. But I always see the restriction: only real countries/states/places count. That sounds so unfair! What for all the wonderful places that are out of this world and time!

So here comes this challenge.

  • the goal is to visit via books as many places out of this world as possible! Out of this world can include other planets and stars (including the Moon!), completely different worlds (like Middle Earth), paralel worlds, dream worlds, distant future and distant past (I am talking dinos here. Not the 80's), heaven and hell... and so on.
  • It can be just a visit to this place. It counts even if only part of the book is set there. 
  • all books finished in 2014 count. It's okay if you started the book before January the 1st.
  • No need to review, just if you feel like it. In the end just a list of the books read and the places visited is all you need.
  • no need to have a blog. You can link to any public profile, or keep track in the comments
  • any lenght, any format, any genre
  • You can pick one of the levels (and you can move up or down) or you can set your own goal
Levels
  1.  Few steps away - 5 places to visit
  2. Over the rainbow - 10 places
  3. Where no man has been before - 15 places
  4. Above and beyond - 25 places
  5. Out of this world - 40 places
If you want to join me, you can sign up here!

Reviews are not obligatory, but as always more than welcome! I can wait to find out about new worlds to visit! And, of course, have fun!

My own (pitiful) progress:
  1.  "Скитница" - Стефани Майър

Коментари

  1. Me, me, I want to play!! I plan to read all these series this year and I think most of them fit this challenge. Just not sure of the level yet. I want to say level 4, but it might depend on how many different worlds Dr. Who visits. :) Oh heck, let's do it, I'm in for level 4. Thanks for hosting this!

    ОтговорИзтриване
  2. I'm finished with my commitment! Here's my wrap-up post: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2014/03/challenge-complete-out-of-this-world.html

    ОтговорИзтриване

Публикуване на коментар

Популярни публикации от този блог

[book review] The Host/Скитница

Летен четатон

[readathon] Имало едно време... - Приказен четатон от bookfan.tasy